Chad Richardson, business administration senior, hits his drive at Tangle Ridge Golf Course in Grand Prairie, TX. (Special to SCupdate).

By Alyssa Richardson
Features editor

The men’s golf team traveled to Grand Prairie, TX for their last tournament of the fall season. Northwood University hosted the event at Tangle Ridge Golf Course on Oct. 29 and 30.

The team tied for 11th place overall out of 15 teams with three round score total of 889. The men played 36 holes on Monday and 18 holes Tuesday, their team scores for each round were 300, 297 and 292.

Leading the Builder golf team was Seth Bryan, business management freshman, who individually tied for 4th place out of 90 individuals with a three round total of 211 or five under par. He shot 71, 74 and the low round of Tuesday with a 66.

Bobby Weidner, business administration senior, and Shane Gilbert, business administration sophomore, both tied for 47th with three round totals of 224. Weidner shot 75, 74 and 75 respectively and Gilbert shot 76, 73 and 75 over the three rounds.

Rounding out the Builders was Chad Richardson, business administration senior, who tied individually for 69th place with a three round total of 230. Richardson shot 78, 76 and 76 for a 14 over par total.  Justin Churchill, business administration freshman, placed 84th with a three round total score of 241. Churchill shot 79, 82 and 80 to finish 25 over par for the tournament.

The men’s team won’t be back in action until next February in San Antonio, TX for the San Antonio Shoot-out.

Alyssa Richardson is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail her at alyssa.richardson@sckans.edu.