One week after a convincing win over Bethel College, the Builder football team suffered a setback against the Tabor College Blue Jays in Hillsboro. The team lost 55-28 and dropped to 2-7 overall on the year and 2-6 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference.

Southwestern struggled to keep up with the high-powered Blue Jay offense throughout the game. The team finished with 465 yards of total offense compared to Tabor’s 693. The Builders also surrendered 32 first downs to the Blue Jays.

Brady May, sophomore quarterback, struggled in his third career start for Southwestern, completing seven of 20 passes for 76 yards and throwing three interceptions and one touchdown.

Despite the unproductive passing game, the rushing attack fared well against the Blue Jay defense. Cass Myers, junior running back, had 32 rushes for 226 yards and three touchdowns. Cory Holbert, junior running back, added on to Myer’s success by rushing for 126 yards on 24 carries. The team finished with 389 yards on the ground.

Zak Tazkargy, junior linebacker, finished the game with 10 tackles for the Builder defense, while Branden Davis, junior defensive back, added an interception.

The Builders play their final game of the season at home against the Kansas Wesleyan Coyotes at 1:30 p.m. Nov. 13.

Clinton Dick is a sophomore majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.