By Daniel Van Sickle

Builder men take the gold in the collegiate division at the Southern Stampede. This is their first standard distance, 8k, meet of the year and second meet of the season. The meet hosted by Missouri Southern was an unusually large one with sixteen teams in the Builders’ division. A total of 135 men raced in the collegiate division.

Colton McNinch, bio-chemistry senior, placed first for the men’s team with a time of 25:24. This is the second meet he has won this year.

Following Colton for the Builders was Sam McDaniel, business senior, who earned a ninth place finish out of 53 runners with a time of 26:19. Third on the team was Eric Anders, biology senior, with a 16th place finish and a time of 27:39.  Nick Warnke, business junior, arrived next marking a time of  26:44 and achieved a  22nd place finish.  The final scoring runner for the Builders was Trey Bruton, mathematics senior. Bruton came in the 24th spot with a time of 26:47.

The women’s team placed seventh out of 19 teams putting them in the top half of teams at the meet. The distance for their event was a 5k with 141 runners.

The top 5 women who contributed to the team score were Kelsey Buffum, secondary education sophomore, Cassie Hollenback, biology sophomore, Wendee Harris, athletic training sophomore,  Maddie Chapin, biology senior, and Rebecca Gamez, freshman.

Buffum led the women’s team with an 11th place and a time of 18:46. The next Lady Builder to arrive was Hollenback only four places behind with a time of 18:55. Harris came third for the Builders in a time of 19:46 procuring 47th place. Chapin was fourth and came across the finish line in 70th place with a time of 20:29. Gamez rounded out the score for the Builders in the 82nd spot and a time of 20:25.

The other runners for the builders were Alissa Gould, biology senior, Cori Hunt, business marketing senior, Chris Wacker, mathematics senior, Caleb Jackson, business sophomore, Brandon Hatch, chemistry junior,  David Leonard, business junior,  Keegan Greg, physical education freshman, and  Devin Hlanvenka, mathematics freshman.

To get complete results click HERE.

Daniel Van Sickle is a senior majoring in Business Administration. You may email him at Daniel.VanSickle@sckans.edu