By Jake Heronemus

Men’s basketball (5-1) won 72-68 against Bacone (2-5) Nov. 19. The Builders may have trailed 25-30 at the half but that didn’t stop the 64-64 overtime when the final buzzer rang. In the final minutes of regular play the Builders took the lead for the first time in the game and held onto the lead until the very end. Head coach Matt O’Brien said “The first three to four minutes of the game we played decent defense but couldn’t finish.”

“Drew Hudson took the lid of the basket boards.” O’Brien said. “He came in sank two three-pointers in the second half when we couldn’t score anything close-up. Drew was the X-Factor tonight.”

“The half was interesting because we played so much better in the second half but we played very poor in the first ten minutes of the game,” O’Brien said. “I think we had a lot of momentum going into the second half.”

Hudson, sophomore forward, said “I felt at first we didn’t come out with a lot of focus so that is why they got a big lead on us, but we came out strong in the second half.”

There were a lot of fouls traded back and forth through the game, resulting in Alex Tyler, senior guard, being carded and removed from the game in the last 2 minutes of regulation play.

O’brien told Curt Caden in his radio interview “I am really proud of the guys for sticking together and staying resilient, but we could have been more solid defensively.”

The Men’s basketball team will travel to Tahlequah, Ok Nov. 20. The matchup will start at 7 p.m.

Jake Heronemus is a junior majoring in communication. You may contact him at Jacob.heronemus@sckans.edu