Lennell Monroe, senior center, maneuvers for a reverse layup under the basket. (Maggie Dunning/Staff photographer)

Men’s basketball sealed the deal for their trip to Hartman Arena and Nationals this year. The Builders defeated Saint Mary by just two points in an overtime match up Saturday evening in Stewart Fieldhouse.

The Spires put up their best fight against the number 23 nationally ranked Builders. At halftime Southwestern led by one, 32-31. Regular play ended in a tie at 80 to take the game to an extra five minutes of overtime.

Chris Waller, senior guard, ended the battle when he sunk a two pointer with only two seconds left to give Southwestern the W.

Waller led all scores with 31 while adding six rebounds and two assists. Fellow senior guard, Cameron Clark, put in 20 points of his own plus 10 rebounds. Brian Lipsey, senior guard, completed the scoring trio with 14 points. The one other senior on the team, Lennell Monroe, center, grabbed 8 rebounds and had three blocks.

Next up for the Builders is Championship Monday at Hartman Arena in Park City, Kan. at 8 p.m. Southwestern will face the undefeated KCAC regular season champs and number six nationally ranked, Tabor Bluejays for the third time this season.

Pictured above: Cameron Clark, senior forward, powers up a shot through a Saint Mary defender. (Maggie Dunning/Staff photographer)

Bailey VenJohn is a senior majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.