The Builders continue their rigorous road schedule as they take on Oklahoma Wesleyan University on Tuesday. The Eagles are currently undefeated and have taken down Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference teams such as McPherson, Friends and Bethel. “They are a very talented team,” said Matt O’ Brien, head basketball coach. “We will have to match their intensity and aggressiveness.” They have also proved to be an outstanding scoring team as they average 94 points per game and have gone over the century mark twice this season. The game tip-off is at 7:30 p.m. in Bartlesville, Okla.

The Builders took on St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, Texas in an exhibition match on Nov. 21. Despite their hard efforts the purple and white couldn’t contend with the Rattlers as they fell 96-61.

The Builders made it a ball game in the first half as they competed well with St. Mary’s. “We showed how good of a team we can be,” said Travis Thurau, junior forward. “They were the toughest team we have played and we did a good job of staying with them for the first half.” The Rattlers went on an 8-2 run to close out the half and go into the locker rooms with a 43-34 lead.

St. Mary’s never looked back as they dominated the second half. A 22-4 run gave the Rattlers a 21-point lead and the Builders were never able to get back into the game. Southwestern was outscored 53-27 in the second half. “I think that we improved during that game even though the score at the end of the game was not close,” said O’ Brien. “We really got better and were able to execute.”

Justin Diggles, senior guard, led the Builders in scoring with 14 points, followed by Chris Collins, freshman forward, who put up 12. The Builders hit 40 percent of their shots, going 22-55 from the field and 11-27 from beyond the arch. Southwestern was also outrebounded by the Rattlers 44-16.

Clint Dick is a freshman majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.