By Kacey Stout

Hidden in Winfield and known only by local Winfieldians, is a delicious restaurant by the name of The Hunter’s Café. Even though it’s not very well-known, the restaurant must not be overlooked.

The restaurant is open 7 days a week, 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. Even though it closes early, it’s a hole in the wall that must be experienced. Their breakfast is the main attraction and is what seems to be drawing in the majority of customers. The mouthwatering skillets will make your taste buds dance like Patrick Swayze in “Dirty Dancing.”

The skillets contain eggs, your choice of meat, varying from sausage, bacon, or ham and your choice of veggies. To top off the delicious gathering of ingredients are crispy hash browns and cheese which make the skillet even more majestic.

The food isn’t the only reason to visit The Hunter’s Café, as the restaurant gives off a small-town feel when you walk through the doors. It’s a friendly and cozy environment.

The pictures of hunting scenes and deer antlers give off a hunting vibe, which seems to be a common practice in Winfield.  The prices are another reason to visit Hunter’s Café.

In addition to the extravagant breakfast options, Hunter’s Café has a variety of lunches and dinners. The service was phenomenal and the waitresses know the menu like the back of their hand, taking orders with a smile on their face, even though it could be 5 a.m.

The waitresses do not wear typical restaurant attire, but that gives off a relaxed feel. It adds a mellow mood to the dining experience.

It doesn’t matter if you’re just getting out of church or the gym, come as you are you won’t be turned down. Once the order is placed, the hot-and-ready meal is served in about 30 minutes. They have the ticket ready once the order is placed and pay is at the convenience of the customer.

The Hunter’s Café is located at 11th and Manning, and is a great place to dine with family or friends, so don’t hesitate to give it a try.

Kacey Stout is a junior majoring in communication. You may email him at kacey.stout@sckans.edu