By Kylie Stamper

On the weekend before students buckle down for finals, student life puts on an event known as the Block Party. This will be the third year for the event. The block party will feature games and other things for students to enjoy, along with food.

“You can come get some free food, take a study break and then go back to studying,” said Hayley Weston, communication junior.

Along with a few inflatables, the block party will also feature a mechanical bull, a slip n’ slide, a rock wall, a trailer full of video games and various other games to lighten the mood before finals week.

Cori Hunt, business senior, said, “You can relax a little bit and have some fun. There are a lot of people out so it is going to be fun. People can talk about something else besides tests and finals and do something active. It wakes you up a little bit and gets you ready for summer.”

Burgers, hot dogs and junk food will be served for dinner. The block party is Sunday, April 27 at 5:30 p.m. at Keyhole Drive in front of the library.

Becky Gamez, biology freshman, said, “It’ll be a great stress reliever.”

Whether you are studying diligently for your finals or beginning the dreaded task of packing and cleaning, be sure to take a break and check out the block party. Give yourself that one last bit of fun at school before summer officially arrives.

Kylie Stamper is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email her at kylie.stamper@sckans.edu