By Mallory Graves

The SC baseball team was defeated by the No. 10 ranked team in the country, Oklahoma Wesleyan, 25-7 on April 6.

Kevin Frady, head baseball coach said, “We came out playing the tenth-ranked team with the wind howling, and it was a challenge. After four innings, it was a 7-6 game and we were right there, but we just did not have enough arms to compete against their bats. Whenever you give a team that hits the way they do multiple walks, or you hit the batters before their best hitters come out, it won’t end well.”

Jaevious Merriweather, junior outfielder, had a single, a double, and a homerun during the game. Sterling Spurling, sophomore infielder, had a two-run homerun as well.

Cody Treatch, senior pitcher, pitched for the first four innings, then switched out with Tanner Olmstead, senior pitcher, for a while. They also brought in Reyden Rull, freshman pitcher, Jacob Woodburn, sophomore pitcher, and finally Michael Hanna, freshman pitcher, to finish out the game.

“We did turn the first triple play in the new era of Builder Baseball,” Frady said. “It is always nice to do something like that. It would have felt a heck of a lot better if we turned it and got the win. We still have a lot of growing to do as a team and as a program.”

The Builder Baseball team will battle Panhandle State in a neutral-site doubleheader in Woodward, OK starting at 2 p.m. on April 7.