By Thomas Noble

Auditions for the second set of student directed plays entitled ‘Small Packages,’ will be held in the Helen Graham Little Theatre.

Interested thespian students can audition between 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Oct. 29. Additional times on Oct. 30 are 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 10 p.m. to 11 p.m.

There are three comedic plays. Each play is 10 to 15 minutes and has two parts. Actors will practice for a total of 10 to 15 hours until the premier on Dec. 9.

As with the first set of student directed plays, ‘Fools on the Hill’, the performances will be directed by the Directing 1 class which consists of Lisa Prater, theatre arts junior, Aron Pfingsten, English senior, and Julia Faust, musical theater junior.

The student directors will take what they learned from ‘Fools on the Hill’ in order to improve their directing skills for ‘Small Packages.’

“Actors are unpredictable and directors are equally unpredictable,” said Pfingsten.
Pfingsten will be directing a section from Neil Simon’s play “God’s Favorite.”  Faust is directing “Farris Wheel” and Prater chose “The Life Boat is Sinking” by Shel Silverstein.

“You must take the leadership role and understand the play,” said Prater.

“Organization helps actors feel comfortable even if it is a hard thing for you to do. When you do it, it makes everyone feel more comfortable,” said Faust.

Thomas Noble is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email him at Thomas.Noble@sckans.edu.