By Thomas Noble

Meredith Chavers, secondary English education sophomore, does a routine during the play audition that took place at the Helen Graham Theater. (Jonathan Woon/Collegian Photographer)

It has been a campus tradition for nearly 10 years.

Aron Pfingsten, English senior, Lisa Prater, theatre junior, and Julia Faust theatre junior, will each be directing a 10 minute play as part of “Fools on the Hill.”

“Fools on the Hill” consists of 10 minute plays put on by the Directing 1 class. Each student in the class directs one play.

The most interesting thing about the plays is that they must be performed in a place other than an actual theatre. The plays can be performed anywhere else on the campus, such as the 77 steps, the library, or the hillside.

Students can audition for the plays from 10-11 p.m. Sept. 5 and Sept. 6 from 3-4 p.m. and 10-11 p.m. The plays will be performed on Sept. 26.  Students will rehearse three hours a week over the next three weeks until the play premiers.

There are about a 18 parts available for the three plays. If there are enough students Justin Tinker, theatre senior, will directed a fourth play.

All three plays are comedies and provide a chance for students who want to act but do not have the opportunity to perform in a major production.

Roger Moon, associate professor of theatre and speech, said, “They are all comedies. They are very creative plays by the directing students.”

Thomas Noble is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email him at thoms.noble@sckans.edu