By Bailey VenJohn

Southwestern men’s soccer added another tally to the win column Tuesday evening. The team took on the Ozark Christian College in Joplin, Missouri.

The game was a low scoring one as the Builders came out on top 1-0.

The team had many good things to mention about the game.

Steven Delizin, junior midfielder, said “We passed the ball a lot, played simple and had a lot of shots on frame. Also, we communicated well and followed coach’s instructions… Last but not least, we won.”

Going into the halftime the game was still 0-0, neither team able to get on the board.

The Builders came out the second half with a game plan to change that.

Robert Sordo, freshman left winger said, “At half we talked about the field being wide open on the wings and we really exposed it in the second half.”

Emerson Mentor, junior forward, recorded the only goal of the day. Mentor was just named KCAC men’s soccer player of the week, last week.

The team is now 2-1 on the season and claims there is still room for improvement.

“We need to get the ball down and move it around the field faster. More passes are crucial to spread out the defense,” said Sordo about improvements for next game.

The next one on the schedule for Southwestern is this Saturday, the 14, at 1 PM. The game will be at Mid America Christian University in Oklahoma City.

Bailey VenJohn is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.