Frank Adelman, biology junior, took second place as did the men’s cross country team Saturday morning in McPherson. The team competed at the Lakeside Shootout hosted by the Bulldogs at 10 a.m.

Adelman had a time of 25:51.60, which was good enough to beat out fellow teammate Colton McNinch, biology sophomore. McNinch, who has been the No. 1 runner for the Builders this season, finished third with a time of 26:18.10.

The second and third place finishes were not enough to beat Colby Community College, who won the meet one point ahead of Southwestern.

Carrington Crum, elementary education senior, Eric Anders, biology sophomore, Daniel VanSickle, business administration sophomore, and Sam McDaniel, business management sophomore, finished 10th, 13th, 17th,23rd respectively in the race.

The women also ran well, finishing third overall, one point shy of Butler Community College.

Jennifer Hendrixson, marketing senior, led the pack, taking fifth overall with a time of 20:04.20. Sydnee Nelson, biochemistry junior, came in 24 seconds behind Hendrixson with at time of 20:28.20, placing 12th. Mallorie Coffman, athletic training sophomore, and Bri Cathcart, biology freshman, finished 17th and 18th with times of 20:50.70 and 20:55.20 respectively.

Southwestern will host their home cross country meet, Mid-States Classic, at 10 a.m. next Saturday on the course near the veteran’s home in Winfield.

Clinton Dick is a junior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.